Social and Community Well Being
Desired Outcome Statements
- All residents have access to modern medical facilities and health services, making use of the most technologically advanced systems, and there is a multi-disciplinary approach to health that also facilitates proactive self-care.
- The community is inclusive and supportive of all ages and cultures, from childhood to seniors, and is accessible, affordable and safe.
- Quesnel residents are strong and passionate, take pride in their community, and take initiative to keep Quesnel as BC's most beautiful small city.
- Quality educational opportunities, programs and activities help create an active community, engaged youth, and a skilled workforce.
- Collaborative social services nurture a safe community with reduced crime and poverty.
- Quesnel is a healthy community, mentally and physically, supported by locally grown food and access to a variety of recreational and cultural opportunities.
- Facilities and service delivery use renewable energy supplies, recycled and sustainably harvested materials, no unnatural fertilizers, herbicides and pesticides, and protect environmental values.
ourQuesnel Strategy Areas
Arts, Culture, Recreation, and Leisure
Buildings and Sites
Communications and Connectivity Infrastructure
Economy, Work, Education and Skills Training
Ecosystems, Natural Areas and Parks
Energy, Water, Resources and Waste
Housing and Land Use
Social and Community Well-being
Transportation and Mobility
What is the Community doing?
What is the Task Force doing?
What is the City doing?
Estimate your personal greenhouse gas emissions
Get Power Smart!
Let the sun shine in
Take the bus
Official Community Plan
Official Community Plan - Map
Consolidated Zoning Bylaw
Zoning Bylaw - Map
Bylaws posted on the City of Quesnel website are provided for information or research purposes only and are not to be considered the official version.