Housing and Land Use
Affordable Housing in Quesnel
The City of Quesnel has now released the Final Plan of the Affordable Housing Strategy. To view the document, click here.
Want to learn more?
Read our Affordable Housing Newsletter
Like us at www.facebook.com/ourquesnel.
To provide your input, e-mail email@example.com or call the planning department at 250-991-2111.
Desired Outcome Statements
- Most neighbourhoods are compact, mixed-use and allow for a range of dwelling unit types increasing access to services and amenities.
- Neighbourhoods are designed to be multi-modal and have greater access to transit, therefore reducing the need for motorized vehicles.
- All buildings, infrastructure and facilities are accessible to support the needs of all residents.
- There is a diversity of housing options, including a range of types, tenures and prices; housing options create equitable and inclusive neighbourhoods for all ages and abilities.
- Homes are energy efficient and durable, conserve water, constructed with locally produced, reused, recycled and toxic-free building materials.
- Land use planning and practices support a diverse economy and vibrant industries, protecting the identity of Quesnel and ensuring a clean, attractive and safe community for residents and visitors.
- Neighbourhoods are designed to be energy efficient and to use infrastructure efficiently, with renewable energy systems providing energy to many buildings.
- Land use planning recognizes and rewards sustainable developments through a collaborative process that engages the public and community partners.
- Development is done in a way to ensure ecologically functioning natural areas remain intact and future generations enjoy the splendor of the biodiversity and greenspace for which Quesnel is known.
- Neighbourhoods are vibrant, livable, are built on existing sites, and preserve the natural systems around them.
ourQuesnel Strategy Areas
Arts, Culture, Recreation, and Leisure
Buildings and Sites
Communications and Connectivity Infrastructure
Economy, Work, Education and Skills Training
Ecosystems, Natural Areas and Parks
Energy, Water, Resources and Waste
Housing and Land Use
Social and Community Well-being
Transportation and Mobility
What is the Community doing?
What is the Task Force doing?
What is the City doing?
Estimate your personal greenhouse gas emissions
Get Power Smart!
Let the sun shine in
Take the bus
Official Community Plan
Official Community Plan - Map
Consolidated Zoning Bylaw
Zoning Bylaw - Map
Bylaws posted on the City of Quesnel website are provided for information or research purposes only and are not to be considered the official version.