The Budget Process for the City of Quesnel
- Departmental Staff Prepare Draft Budget – September/October
- Pre Budget Consultation – Nov 24, 2016, Seniors Centre at 7 p.m.
- Finance Staff Review Departmental Draft Budgets - November
- Senior Management Review Draft Budget – November
- Financial Sustainability and Audit Committee Reviews and makes Recommendations on various budget components to Council Present Draft Operating Budget to Council – November - December
- Present Draft Capital Budget to Council – February
- Public Consultation on Proposed Five Year Financial Plan Review Five Year Financial Plan and Policies – March/April
- Council Sets Final Tax Rates – must be adopted by May 15, 2016
Five Year Financial Plan (2016 - 2020)
The Financial Plan outlines the proposed expenditures, revenues and transfers between funds for the next five years. It also outlines the City’s financial objectives and policies for the planning period . Below is the approved Five Year Financial Plan.
Five Year Financial Plan
(2016 - 2020)
- April 2016
Note: In accordance with Section 165 of the Community Charter, the City of Quesnel is required to adopt by bylaw a Five Year Financial Plan.
Five Year Capital Plan
2017 Budget Meeting Presentation Slides
- November 2016